Hmm there may be a problem with ipod compatibility with the h264 clip.

As JD was able to confirm, only baseline h264 works on the ipod, not
main profile stuff....

http://www.newmediamusings.com/blog/2005/10/lovin_my_video_.html

If you use ipod export option in qt 7.0.3 this is taken care of
automatically.

If you use export to mpeg 4 option in quicktime, you need to click
video options, untick main and tick baseline to make it ipod compatible.

However, I dont know what happens if you export h264 video to .mov
rather than mp4. Because the option to select profile is not present
if I try to save a h264 mov file in quicktime, so I cant tell whether
its using main or baseline profiles, hence cant tell if its ipod video
compatible.

People who are not fans of my ability to repeat the same technical
waffle over and over again (because the same issue keeps coming up) on
this list may be pleased to hear that Im setting up mp4clinic.com. I
hope to turn it into a reasonable resource for all mpeg4-related
issues. Its aim will be to be a place for techie discussion of these
issues, which can then be periodically turned into advice that is
understandable to people who arent encoder-techies.

Sorry to those who volunteered to test some h264 on older macs, I
wasted a load of time thinking about what different types of h264
clips to use for the test, got carried away. Also got slightly
confused by the fact that when I fed verdi's source clip through
qt7.0.3 ipod export, the res came out at less than 240 vertical. I
guess this was to preserve aspect ratio, see Im just not used to NTSC
clips. Here in PAL-land the res is 720x576. Anyway I got bogged down
with this, and its a seperate issue really, so I will get back on the
case and provide test clips real soon, thanks for waiting.

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okay, first the easy part. Both of those clips - the 3ivx and the
H.264 -