Hello,

On windows :
Quicktime Pro should handle AAC sound  (it was working with 6.5 version) and should work with "export to iPod" option.

for other software that use quicktime export, it may differs depending the the software : http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1347.html

Bertrand

2005/10/28, Frank Carver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Folks,

I've been having some discussion with Ryanne Hodson after she put up a
really useful "Quicktime on a PC" tutorial screencast
<URL
http://freevlog.org/wordpress/index.php/2005/10/25/create-a-quicktime-mov-from-windows-movie-maker/ >

I was puzzled by the choice of "IMA 4:1" as an audio codec. This
seemed strange to me, because all the recommendations on the list up
to now have been for either AAC or MP4A. The problem is that Neither
Ryanne nor I have either of those as options on any of the random mix
of PC video software that we have to hand.

I'm worried that us PC users may not be able to make sensible
"standard" Quicktime movies (that play on an iPod, for example)

Has _anyone_ successfully used a PC to create a Quicktime movie using
recommended settings for an iPod, or to use any of the settings suggested by
Verdi on 25 October 2005 in the size/quality shootout. For example:

> Settings. Let me start with H.264.
> Video
> 320 X 240
> 15fps
> Automatic keyframes
> restrict bit rate to 355kbits/sec
> compressor quality high
> Better quality (multi-pass)
>
> Audio
> Format - AAC
> Sample rate 24 kHz
> Bit rate 24kbps
>
> Fast Start enabled

Does purchasing Quicktime Pro for PC allow you to do this? Does
Quicktime Pro for the PC offer a working "export to iPod" option?
Can ffmpeg or any other third-party software do this on a PC ?

I know there must be PC users creating Quicktime on this list, please
help!

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk