In the NerdTV  Show #6 Interview with Dave Winer, http://www.pbs.org/cringely/nerdtv/shows/ , Dave talks about how Netscape first took his idea of RSS and didn't compeletely implement it and then Dave released a new, better version with his features added to  Netscapes' implementation that became the standard.  It's the third or fourth guy that often becomes the standard.

What exactly is being innovated that no one is getting credit for? Distribution format? Compression standards? The idea of a recurring show? I guess I’m unclear what’s being usurped by the capitalists who aren’t giving credit? And that I know of, no one submitted a white paper or thesis as a standard for video blogging that could be co-opted by someone else.

Did I miss something? J

Jake Ludington

http://www.mediablab.com

http://www.podcastingstarterkit.com