I very much doubt theres any such thing as a 'sony rootkit' that kills
your PC if you uninstall. Rather the origins of such things are more
likely bugs in the uninstaller that will have happened to hose a small
proportion of users windows systems at some time in the past, probably
by accidentally removing a system file or 2. Or do you mean something
totally different?

Anyway I bought this thing, not really used it yet but I looked at the
directory...

lol there are a total of 4 feeds in the video section. I guess this
means the 4 that are listed could get a lot of traffic if many people
buy this app. The lucky 4 are:

29 Guide - MP4 Downloads
commandN MPEG4
MobuzzTV
Rocketboom

I just subscribed to Rocketboom using it, Andrew can you tell what
traffic is coming from this app, has it had much of an effect yet?

Cheers

Steve of Elbows

PS. This thing converts a very large number of video formats, though
you need quicktime 7 (not pro) installed to be able to read some
formats (eg if converting a mp4 to a PSP mp4)

PPS. This software means videobloggers probably dont have to worry
much about making PSP compatible versions at all, which is just as
well cos virtually nobody has, and those that have tried have often
run into annoying issues.