Kent Bye wrote:

>  > or, like pete said, pay for a cd of dvd.
> This is could be a potential solution that has a business model --
> although you could run into trouble if you've used copyrighted or
> non-commercial creative commons-licensed work.

Take the open-source approach. I sell you a DVD for $10, that covers the
cost of the media, and shipping & handling. Just like Red Hat can sells
CD's with Linux on it. You pass on the rights to the person who 'buys'
the CD. Didn't Wired magazine include a CD with Creative Commons works
on it?

IANAL, but I'd assume there is a way to make available/sell things
properly. As for using other people's work for which you do not have the
rights to use, shame, shame, shame! (I know, that includes a number of
people in this group.)

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/