Im fairly confused about this. Could you explain exactly what your
existing video files dont do?

I cannot drag .m4vs to my older non-video ipod, so I dont see a way to
listen to them on older ipods. I tried with diggnation, no difference
at all.

All videos (mov mp4 m4v) that play in itunes work in playlists etc,
they dont get skipped over for me under any circumstances.

What do you use to make mp4 files at the moment?

If you go ahead and make .m4vs then often people without itunes will
have no idea what they are or how to play them.

Please explain what the diggnation m4v's can do that your mp4's cant,
I just spent an hour looking at this stuff and it just doesnt add up
for me.

Steve of Elbows