Hi Pete:

The RIAA (Recording Industry Artist of America) and the MPAA (Motion
Picture Association of America) have gone nuts over here. They are
going after anybody and everybody. They just hit a grand-dad with a
$660,000+ charge because his 12 year old grandson downloaded movies
on granpop's computer. I have "no" love for either of them,
especially those foul lumps of carnage the RIAA.  And I am being
polite.

On the opening green screen of the trailers they spell out in legal
dis-ease what they will try to do to you if you snag their stuff. Not
that it stops anyone from downloading the trailers.

So in this particular instance, I think she would be on steady ground
by either asking permission or chosing not to use the trailers. Fair
use is a slippery slope and you have to be certain you have right on
your side.

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
*************
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Gena wrote:
> > Well, this is fairly cut and dry to me. You need permission from
the
> > original owners. You might not have a hard time if you contact
the PR
> > or promotions department of the film. Some movie producers are
> > actively looking for bloggers to spread the word about their
movie.

> > The movie trailer is their property. They own the copyright and
can
> > decide who can use their property. Now if they like what you are
doing
> > or saying they may turn a blind eye but if they don't they have
the
> > full force of the law to get you to remove their content from the
> > vlog. Or force your ISP to shut you down.
> >
> > You can write about it. No question. Give your impressions or
opinion.
> > But if you use a still photo or a trailer clip it can get ugly.
And