On 11/8/05, Michael Shipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Flash gets mentioned because the penetration rate is somewhere around
> 97% of all web browsers.  Most likely, any web-based aggregators will go
> with Flash for video.
>
> On the other hand, Java's penatration rate within browsers is unknown
> and probably inconsistent in terms of versioning.  There's one Java
> aggregator that I've found that does a decent job, even though it's
> beta, called I/ON:

I/ON looked quite cool when I saw it demo'd.

In the most recent Macromedia stats that I've seen (a few months old)
they listed Flash at 97% and Java around 80%.  Quicktime was around
60-70%.  To adjust for the difference between any install at all and
one that's in working condition I would knock 20% off.