That's one of the coolest ideas I've come across in a long time.  But
the argument breaks down a bit when talking about "derivative
works".  While the resulting "Mono" file may have nothing in common
with the original copyrighted file, it's creation is predicated BY
the copyrighted file... so the Mono file created by mixing Britney
with the Basis file, would not exist if it weren't for the
copyrighted Britney file.  Plus, the fact that you could still
extract Britney from the Mono file is very clearly infringment.

But what if you could extract a totally separate file?  Such as, you
use the Britney-based Mono file, and were able to extract only
the "1s" and "0s" that corresponded to a George Clinton song.

Either way, the idea is really just an encryption method.  But the
philosphy is interesting.

-Terry
http://boycottsociety.blogspot.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Sullivan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From time to time, I visit the sites of one of todays pure
geniuses... Jason
> Rohrer <http://jasonrohrer.n3.net/>
>
> Of interest to this group is his Monolith Project.
> Delve in here:
> http://monolith.sourceforge.net/
>

> --
> sull
> "The hybrid or the meeting of two media is a moment of truth and
revelation
> from which new form is born"
> http://vlogdir.com - The Videoblog Directory
> http://videobloggers.org - Free Videoblog Hosting / Vlogosphere