Ted,

It was great working together. I learned quite a bit from you in our
short and busy time together.  Mainly just watching you man.  I noticed
your techniques for steadying your camera and loved how you were busy
grabbing great b-roll footage from the instruments the moment you got in
the auditorium.  You sure look like a pro to me.

I enjoyed your own re-mix vid very much.  I can't thank you and Enric
enough.

My experience, while fantastic, was a bit of a comedy of errors leading
to more great learning.  I have never worked with tape before. LOL. I
didn't even know how to capture from it before as all my video normally
comes in as files.  The codecs I normally use weren't there so I used
Apple Lossless; I won't do that again.  The editor crashed once.  Even
the fire alarm went off.   Fast learning while the clock ticks.  But the
students were great and so where you guys.

Enric is the true master.  His team was first to post and he didn't even
break a sweat.

And Schlomo was a great producer.  Words fail me and so I'll resort to
video on my own vlog.

There are a lot more folks in this group who helped out in so many ways.

Speed vlogging with Raymond was the best preparation I could have ever
had.  Before I tried that, I thought speed vlogging was a "cute" idea.
Now I take it quite seriously and highly recommend it to all.

http://www.speedvlogging.com/

We'll add more posts, the audio files, plus vids of the students and
mentors working are still to be posted this week to
http://xpressionvlog.blogspot.com

Please feel free to re-mix it all up and tell your favorite WATM
reporter about it cause November is re-mix month at WeAreTheMedia.com

Thanks again to so many,
Markus

Digital wrote:

>Schlomo, Markus, and Dave Toole put together a really cool event
>yesterday at Expression College of Digital Arts in Emeryville, CA.
>
>J.D. Lasica (Ourmedia.org) was there, as was Chris Rikte (49media.com)
>and Mia Garlick (creativecommons.org)
>
>Markus has a great preview vlog here:
>
>http://xpressionvlog.blogspot.com/2005/11/expression.html
>
>You can review the results of my (tardy) work here:
>
>http://xpressionvlog.blogspot.com/2005/11/hobbling-through-to-finish-line.html
>
>Speedvlogging?! pfft. I'm not built for it!!
>
>Seriously, what Enric and Markus could do in such a short time is
>beyond me right now. Hopefully I will get some practice and try this
>again soon ...
>
>Ted Tagami
>
>tagami.com
>
>UNIVERSUS &