Howdy all, I'd like to introduce myself...

My name is Jose Hernandez, I am from San Luis Obispo, living in San
Francisco. I just started a collaborative Vlog with some friends to
distribute our old work and p;ay with some new ideas, its called
http://burntwire.tv
and my personal site is
http://jozecuervo.com
You can find me on MySpace and a plethora of other networks. I work in
R&D for an instant messaging company called MECA that has recently
taken interest in podcast and vlog content, among other things. That
said, I'm a vlog producer, developer and consumer and I'm listening to
what you al have to say. I even bought an fancy video iPod, just to
test this stuff out.

So here I am, I just got back from last weeks portable media expo. Met
some cool folks from Feedburner, libsyn, odeo, audioblog, etc. Started
running into the OG vloggers Eric Rice (was at the expo), Michael
Meiser (on technorati), Ryanne (dropped her a line).

I am really curious about the hosting, syndication and distribution
solutions people have been using, I am about to break my 30GB  monthly
bandwidth limit and am looking into free services ourmedia and blip TV
as well as pay services audioblog.com and libsyn.com

here's my current process:

http://burntwire.tv/images/production.jpg

1. I export from final cut or premeire as a Mpeg4, 320x240 progressive
video clip. I then allow quicktime pro to SLOWLY transcode to the
"export to iPod" H.264 format. My primary goal is to get clips onto
the iPod and I have been happy with the results of the encoding,
though they are large.

2 Currently I am uploading each clip to my mediatemple shared server
account. They give me 2gb/30gb and 6 domains. I use them for a few
clients and my own sites.

3. I then post the copy I get from the episode's contributor. Other
than title/description, there is other meta-data that I can place into
the body of a blog post. I would really love a tag system for doing
this kind of thing.

4. Blogger generates my ATOM which is then piped into feedburner,
which generates my eclosures and tacks on some itunes namespace goodness.

5. I then go into mefeedia to manually enter everything again.

As of last night I have been uploading into blip.tv also. I am
considering posting all of my existing work to blip and then switching
the feed source in feedbuner. I would ideally like the ultimate level
of customizability, like the ability to split the feed into
subchannels, since I have so many different types of content coming at
me. Libsyn offers that feature.

Anyone have any srong opinions about blip or libsyn or audioblog?

My second area of inquisiton is file format. I've had several
complaints about the current format. I would like to offer a second
format, and possibly a second feed for people who cannot view H.264. A
friend mentioned that if I import H.264 into flash, I can only export
to the Flash8 player. That makes me want to shy away from flash at
this time. I guess my question is, what are some good lowest common
denominator cross-platform formats? I'd like to his OS9 and windows
media 6.4... I'm guessing MPEG-1 is the way to go.

Any thoughts peeps?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM