--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Also, one other point to make... seeing a spike in statistics may mean
> very little (or at least may be pin pointed as uncharacteristic) if
> that spike is not sustained or representative of sustained growth.
> Trend analysis is always more important than random spikes.
>
> -josh

Josh is right, people get way to excited about a temporary change in
stats. For example, we will *all* see an increase in traffic around
the holidays. Why? Because that happens every year, *all* websites see
an increase of traffic around the holidays. More people with time to kill.

However, don't forget the big picture. Everyone on this list will see
their traffic grow a lot over the next year. That's just big picture
stuff: more interest in video.

Another interesting point: any website will grow if you keep at it,
because the internet grows. I have had various websites since 1998,
and each one of them grows at least 50% in traffic every year. The
internet just gets bigger :)

Peter

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM