On 11/21/05, Steve Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Then there is the role of text in this affair. I think that after
> nearly a year of farting around and not achieving anything, I might
> finally decide what project to dedicate myself to, and that will be
> more video-based communication systems. Ive waffled about video forums
> before, and I know someone else has been working on this stuff, and
> there are some existing options, and factors such as me finding it
> easier to type these long messages than say them to a camera. But I
> still want a War on Text, and threaded video conversations etc.

I love the idea of a War On Text.

Audio and video are a more natural medium than text for most humans.
The only reason why net content is mainly text is that it's easier for
programs to work with -- audio and video are opaque as far as programs
are concerned.  On top of that, it's a lot easier to treat text as
hypertext, and hypertext has a viral quality.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM