My next questions for Dick Cavett would have been: "What are you doing now?" and "Have you encountered age discrimination in our youth oriented media?"

Both of those would have been fascinating to have answered.

Not sure about the age discrimination, but you can find a fair amount about him online. IMDB.com again being a good place to start. Dan Rather’s screw up aside, everyone (gross generalization) in the “new media” should take a lesson from the “old media” and do some background research on whatever it is they are covering as a citizen journalist. Being an amateur doesn’t mean going in uninformed.

Jake Ludington

http://www.podcastingstarterkit.com

http://www.jakeludington.com