On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:52:28 +0100, Randolfe Wicker
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Remember, if you respect your fellow humans the terrorists have won."
>
> ????????????????
>
> What does this remark mean?  It seems to me that it's just a "random"
> irrelevant question.

It was indeed an attempt at being funny (marking satire as satire defeats
the point of satire in the first place).

You can read about the phrase at wikipedia (where you also could've found
Cavett's age): <URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_terrorists_have_won >

Blogs and community websites have been using the phrase for humour by
inserting ludicrous activities before the phrase such as: "If you stop
eating Oreos the terrorists have won."

- Andreas
--
<URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>