i think people tend to use the search feature to scan these terms/condition pages for evil keywords.  i know i do ;-)

Steve, do you still see a problem with vSocial's terms?

Persoanlly, I see vSocial as an honest project with proper interests in mind.

sull

On 11/23/05, Brad Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Steve Garfield wrote:

>FYI from vSocial's site:
>
>"By posting any Content to the public areas of the Website, you hereby
>grant to vSocial the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to
>use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Website."

Also from vSocial's site:

"This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from
the Website. "... ( http://www.vsocial.com/terms.php)

It says "you let us display your work on the site" -- and is revokable,
by the user, at any time -- where's the issue with that? Did I miss
something, or should hosting services not have the right to display the
works they host -- especially for free -- am I unaware of the catch here?

--
Brad Webb, Director of Social Media Technology

http://vslabs.vsocial.com/
vSocial | Custom One Media, LLC
51 W. Third Street, #301
Tempe, AZ 85281