I do not have it. But my best friend, who is a veteran and prolific
videographer and future contributor to our vlog, bought one after my
recommendation. He loves it. I have used it. I love it too. You can
even shoot in Sepia nightshot in pitch black situations so things
don't look so creepy too.

Only downside is that it's a bottom feeder - must remove tripod and
tripod mounting bracket to change tape. But that isn't necessarily a
problem unless you shoot a lot of things longer than an hour each,
which I know you don't.

The output is amazing and I am sure if you begin mastering your show
with it, the result will be superior even after all the downsizing.
outputting SD from HD master is no biggie and all your footage will
look clearer. Regular DV tape seems to work just great. I say buy it
for Christmas for yourself as well as for all of us to enjoy your new
master camera's fruit.

And the fact that it has only one HAD sensor is totally illegible.
Amazing one chip recordings. Here's a really good review with lots of
tests and photos of it from all angles.

<http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Sony-HCR-HC1-Review.htm>

Looks like street is from $1400 to $1800 now. Maybe you can find a
Black Friday special deal on one in Manhattan today. You won't be sorry.
--
Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM