Gena... I would establish beyond a doubt that it is not a driver problem. If
you have access
to some other video gear, plug it in and see what happens. If your XP software
can see
another piece of hardware, but not your new camcorder,  then it IS a driver
problem.

Bill
http://mebillday.blogspot.com/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM