From: Eric Rice
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 3:09 AM
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: Spirit can not be spoken for

One of the things I pinged the good folks about Podcast Pickle about was ratings based on
a USER's favorite vlogs. While popularity and star systems have their place in certain cases,
what's most important to me is how my favorites rank other vlogs.

For example, what does Peter think is cool? I want to know. I want to look at his personal
list of favorites, see how he ranks them. If I'm giving trust to Peter as a filter, then his
rankings really really matter. To *me*.

Two cents.

ER

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Peter of MeFeddia says:
>
> "1 example is: I
> don't allow star ratings with reviews, because that would encourage a
> mindset of "popularity is important".
>
> Sorry to say that I disagree with you.  Star ratings are actually very important and should
be allowed.  That is especially true when the star ratings are accompanied by text
critiques.