Beth
 Hi, paul here from Nottingham England, trust me it is freezing here at the moment, I still think London is under about 16 foot of snow.  Only joking, it's not Canada, but it has turned cold just lately.  In london the best day to go is anyday really.  just do it within office hours and not before 9 in the morning or after 5 and before 7 in the evening.  That's when it is closed.  Joking again.

paull

On 28 Nov 2005, at 19:22, Beth Kanter wrote:

Andreas:

Thanks!  I looks like mine will work and I called the manufacturer just
to confirm it.

Now, my question is - if you had one free day in London to vlog ... What
would you pick?

Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:videoblogging@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Andreas Haugstrup
Pedersen
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 3:44 AM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Question about plug adapters & UK Vloggers

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:37:10 +0100, Beth Kanter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> I'm traveling from the US to London in two weeks for the Gloval Voices
> Summit and trying to get organize so I can live blog and vlog.   What
> type of adaptor do I need to charge up my batteries for my
> laptop/camera.

You need to check that your power adaptors can handle the European
current. Europe uses 230V at 50Hz (the US uses 110V at 60Hz). There
should
be tiny print on the power adaptors letting you know the range at which

they work.

If the adaptors work at 230V all you need is a plug adaptor. Most stores

with an electronics department (Try WalMart like stores) should have a
travel pack with different plugs for cheap. The UK plug looks pretty
weird
with three prongs: <URL:
http://images.google.com/images?client=opera&rls=en&q=UK%20plug&sourceid
=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&sa=N&tab=wi

If your adaptors can't handle European current you'll need a more
expensive adaptor that also transforms the current. In that case it may
be
cheaper just to buy a new power adaptor in the UK (I don't know the cost

of such a transformer).

Anyway, both my camera charger and laptop power adaptor works fine in
the
US with only a plug adaptor (I'm in Europe). I imagine it's the same the

other way around. But since your stuff can blow up if not, it's good to

check before you travel. :o)

- Andreas
--
<URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>