This is exactly what I think (what Eric said). It's like with books or movies. I don't really like the most popular movies or books. As a rule I find that, if I go by what some critics say, I find better books/movies (closer to my taste, generally) ... a good filter. The ideal is someone I know who has similar taste and watches lots of movies or reads lots of books ... these are the recommendations that are most accurate ...

Then we get to the amazon thing, and I'm not sure what you call that, but it is pretty effective too ... people who liked this vlog also liked xxx ... my understanding is these sorts of algorithms only work with lots of people rating lots of vlogs, but that's another sort of option

... Richard