> I have been having trouble with avid and cant stand windows movie
> maker, short of getting a mac, is there anything out there that I can
> use that is similar to imovie?

PC video editing software I recommend most are:
Pinnacle Studio Plus
Ulead's VideoStudio 9 and
Adobe's Premiere Elements

Pinnacle has the most intuitve interface for old editors and newbies alike. Has numerous builtin add ons Movie Maker doesnt have. Avid just bought them.

Ulead has numerous builtin add ons Movie Maker doesnt have. Much more flexible than MM, but less so than Studio 10. Accepts the most variety of input formats of any editing softwa on the market.  Creates the most variety of ouput formats of any editing software on the market.

Adobe Premiere Elements I havent tried. But I wouldnt be surprised it would be the most stable (less buggy) consumer software on the market. I doubt it has as many bells and whistles as Pinnacle or Ulead, but someone else will need to fill us in onthat for now.

Nerissa
PS-- they all have free trials to download. I highly recommend trying before you buy.

Nerissa Oden

http://TheVideoQueen.com/blog.html
http://FreeVideoCoding.com
http://FreeMediaGuide.com
http://FreeVideoEditing.com

Where do Women get answers to their video questions?