I'm surprised that more vloggers don't post comments, especially after you have experienced putting up vlogs that many watch and you get zero feedback.

Now, that I'm going to vlog events at Node 101 and the Film Archives, etc, I've discovered there is a real hidden benefit to leaving comments on vlogs that impress you:  You find the people whose work you have praised know who you are and are excited to meet you in person.

I find that "names" stick in my head and I have those vloggers classified as "good" and I recognize the name but sometimes can't remember what vlog they made that so impressed me.  That happened tonight.  I heard someone identify himself to Ryanne by his vlogging name.  I recognized it but couldn't remember what he'd done.  I volunteered that information and he immediately remembered the vlog and what I had posted about it.

So, post more comments when you see work worth praising.  It will help you to network and meet those whose work you are impressed by.  That's a "hidden reward" to commenting.  It is really nice when it happens.

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

Videographer, Writer, Activist
Advisor: The Immortality Institute
Hoboken, NJ