Damn yahoo. I sent this and two others yesterday and it never appeared on the group. It didn't give me any bounceback either. Makes me wonder what else never posted.

-Mike

Begin forwarded message:

From: Michael Meiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: November 30, 2005 9:25:52 PM GMT-05:00
Subject: The Nokia 770 - potential portable media device

I don't know if I posted this on the video blogging group the other day, but it's potentially a great portable media device.

It's the Nokia 770. Basically its a got a 800 pixel wide screen, it supports an infinitude of media formmats, it's got wifi, and it runs debian so it's all open source.  It has no hard drive, but it supports those tiny flash cards. They're around $80 for a 1 gig card right now. It also only sells for $350, not bad considering how powerful it is.  Apparently they're backordered until February though. It's targeted at the mobile internet user and it's damn near perfect for video viewing, that despite the lack of a hard drive.

There's a very good chance DTV the open source video aggregator can be compilable to run on it, but I won't believe it till I see it. If so... we're talking about a one hell of a portable media player.

Peace,

Mike
mmeiser.com/blog