>    Maybe the opposite approach would be logical?
> Instead of filtering the "not for kids" stuff, filter the "kid friendly"
> stuff.
> And include a warning on site stating that "there may be adult content
> within, but check out our kid-friendly zone here"
> You can then have categories/tags/sections of kid safe video content which
> could be many things and is up to the directory curators to decide how best
> to approach that.
> My point is, IF the concern for children resides in the sites owner and IF
> they care to put effort towards designating a section on the site geared for
> children education and entertainment etc, then this could take care of most
> of the aforementioned issues.... maybe ;-)

great idea. very proactive.
eric rice and ryanne made a kidsafe feed a while back for eric's kids.
http://video.ericrice.com/videoblogs/ANTresearch.mov
but i think the feed died out.
see this is a great idea: a kidsafe directory.
itll come as content grows.

im not interested in censoring, but in organizing and educating.
everything will exist. we can simply chose where.

Jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging
<http://feeds.feedburner.com/Momentshowing>