the kid can also google porn and BOOYA!!
of course some kids may be a little too curious too soon...
but we should discuss the issue broadly and generalize, knowing that their are always exceptions.
no solution will ever be perfect.

On 12/2/05, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jay dedman wrote:
> >>   Maybe the opposite approach would be logical?
> >>Instead of filtering the "not for kids" stuff, filter the "kid
friendly" stuff.
> >>And include a warning on site stating that "there may be adult
content within, but check out our kid-friendly zone here"
> >>You can then have categories/tags/sections of kid safe video
content which could be many things and is up to the directory curators
to decide how best to approach that.
> >>My point is, IF the concern for children resides in the sites
owner and IF they care to put effort towards designating a section on
the site geared for children education and entertainment etc, then
this could take care of most of the aforementioned issues.... maybe ;-)

> > great idea. very proactive.
> > eric rice and ryanne made a kidsafe feed a while back for eric's kids.
> > http://video.ericrice.com/videoblogs/ANTresearch.mov
> > but i think the feed died out.
> > see this is a great idea: a kidsafe directory.
> > itll come as content grows.
> >
> > im not interested in censoring, but in organizing and educating.
> > everything will exist. we can simply chose where.
>
> Well, we already have yahooligans.yahoo.com, what about
> kids.mefeedia.com? :)
>
> It would be cool to be able to point kids to a videoblogging directory
> and let them explore what's there. Sometimes the most creative stuff
> comes from kids and the way they look at the world. You know, before
the
> reality of it all crushes their spirit and makes them just another cog
> in the corporate machine that is today's society.
>
> Pete
>
> --
> http://tinkernet.org/
> videoblog for the future...

I remember when I was a kid I didn't want to read books for children
but those adults thought were important.  I think I kids section will
interest parents mostly.

  -- Enric

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM