I need to learn how to speak about my feelings of commercialization in
the media.
it never quite comes out right.
nothing wrong with busness and profit and money...
what is wrong is the amount of negative influence, explotation, and
lack of respect for the community for which a company lives in.
but as my punk upbringing has taught me: "its not what they sell, its
what we buy."

> Thinking that companies will push out feeds of the 30 second commercials
> you see on tv is a little silly. No company is that fucking stupid (well,
> there'll be two and then it'll backfire and there'll be none).

i meant more the spam blogs. just like a majority of email is
spam...my fear is that youll see feeds full of little commercials for
whatever spam 'sells'.

but as Sull mentioned, i can see tradtional companies sponsoring
videoblogs that are entertaining or informattive.
The Circuit City Tech Review where two cool, alternative hosts talk
about the latest camcorders.

<snip>
> I keep seeing this latent assumption that if a company is behind a
> (video)blog then they don't have anything worthwhile to say. It's just not
> true. Of course you have to let the company know when they fuck up (if
> they start sending 30 commercial clips out and calling it a vlog), but
> this idea that as a company they can't make vlogs is just annoying to no
> end.

companies in the US have a very bad reputation for making content that
is authentic or useful. usually they add their "image/concept content"
to popular entertainment.
I must look at their content in the subway car when i ride to work. I
got to see their content on every phone booth. I hear it in the cab's
radio between the news updates. i got to see it when i read the
magazine and newspaper.  Their content is the TV.
and what do i gain from their content?

i cant think the last time a large US company made a piece of content
that was worthwhile.
when they do, ill be the first to subscribe.
andreas, i hope there is a turning point here and companies will begin
to create/sponsor material that is useful.

jay

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM