On Dec 5, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Pete Prodoehl wrote:

> Jay dedman wrote:
>> there is a difference between the personal videoblogs and the
>> "show" videoblogs.
>> personal videoblgs cant really be categorized because they are about
>> anything the person wants (like blogging).
>> the show videolbogs are easy to categorize becasue they are like
>> mini-tv shows (a tech show, a skater show...)
>
> I'm starting to wonder if some of the personal videoblogs really
> are (or
> could be) 'shows' in the way they feature a single person, and
> whatever
> that person is/does/etc...

This is more in-line with my take on it. By making your video public,
you are "showing" it.

Even fine artists have "shows". Musicians have "shows".

I can't help but think that someone who walks around pointing a
camera at them-self and then puts that up for the world to see is a
show.

I understand however the rejection of the word as it applies to this
particular medium when people feel it may indicate something
contrived, or planned out, when in most cases it does. Even when
people capture something accidentally, they tend to make decisions
from there about whether or not to "show it" or how to "edit it" to
show it, etc.

Even if there is no intention behind the videoblogger "to show",
isn't that what's happening?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM