It feels good to get validation from one of the most well-respected
Web analysts.  This seems to be a reoccuring argument here on the
boards and finally someone gives their "expert" opinion...

"The eyetracking data clearly show that a talking head is boring, even
for 24 seconds. On the Web, 24 seconds is a long time -- too long for
users to keep their attention on something monotonous."

Lesson to be learned: If you're not showing something visually
interesting, make a podcast instead.  Personally, I'd much rather
watch a video of someone doing something rather than just watch them talk.

What does this say about news shows like Rocketboom or Mobuzz?  Sure
the hosts are attractive at first, but each episode feels like the
same thing and their attractiveness wears off.  I usually play the
video in the background and listen while multi-tasking on something
else.  Matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I was
entertained by these talking heads.  Of course, if these hosts were
not semi-pretty then I wouldn't play the video at all.

Just trying to be honest.  Sometimes the truth hurts.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM