Rather than debating the word "show", isn't the real topic the
difference between a theme-based vlog and a personal-based vlog.

Of course a person can be considered a theme, but I look at these as
two different formats.  It should be easy to categorize vlogs in one
or the other.

Themes have a larger potential audience than a single person does.
For example, bass fishing is bigger than I'll ever be.

The vlogosphere seems like the new Hollywood - there are so many
people trying to become famous actors and actresses when they can't
act.  I'm amazed at how few theme-based vlogs are out there.

I like skateboarding, yet there is only one vlog dedicated to this.

I like snowboarding (but never been), yet only one vlog.

I like surfing, yet no vlog.  Same with BMX and Motocross.

Hell, everybody likes sex but only one (boring) vlog exists.

My prediction: While each of the personal video bloggers tries to
become a star, the 2nd-movers will start theme-based vlog and take
over the medium.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, andrew michael baron