It's an interesting statistic. I average about 80% of my subscribers
are from iTunes. But if I were counting actual "veiws" I think that
there are about as many people who view my content right on my blog
as there are those who subscribe. The numbers of downloads of each
video are roughly double (sometimes more) than the number of
subscribers I have.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Enric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 67% of my subscriptions for my Tech Alley videoblog are from
iTunues.

>   -- Enric
>   ====================
>   http://www.cirne.com
>   Determine the Media
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "missbhavens1969"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Just poking my head in. Mouthing off. Don't wish to offend.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I think the new ipod is really cool, and I
like a
> > new geeky gadget as much as the next person, but I have the same
> > feeling I had when they came out with the Photo ipod, which is
sort of
> > "so what". Actually, now I think that being able to transport &
view
> > pictures in one's ipod is a more useful function than watching
video
> > on it.
> >
> > Aside from the "neat-o!" aspect of it, I just don't see how or
why
> > this will be the next big thing for...anyone who believes it's
the
> > next big thing, be they major media, the music industry,
whatever. I
> > get to pay for tv shows I missed? No thanks. I don't need to see
> > ANYTHING that badly--not even "Lost". "Classic" repeats? Nope.
Got
> > Nickelodeon, if I feel the urge. MTV? Have it. Don't really
watch it,
> > but it's there.  I really don't see the value in it for vloggers
(or
> > vodcasters, or video podcasters or video bloggers, or vidmasters
or
> > whatever you want to call it...I don't wish to start that
semantic
> > argument again) aside from my boyfriend being able to keep my
video
> > visage in his pocket (which, incidently, he wouldn't watch
anyhow,
> > because he sees me all the time. I'm trying not to feel a little
hurt
> > by that ;))
> >

> > I guess what I mean is that I watch tv on my tv. And I watch
vlogs on
> > my computer be they "shows", "personal diaries", "mini-movies",
> > "series" or whatever else: I have room in my heart for all
styles and
> > formats. It's a format that's computer-based. It doesn't seem to
> > belong on my tv, or in my pocket. Perhaps because it's become
such a
> > part of my daily routine (morning coffee, refresh Fireant, save
me
> > from morning magazine-news tv programs, thank God) that I'd have
> > hard time doing it a different way. I can be stubborn, yes, but
it
> > can't just be me. Is it just me?
> >
> > Also, iTunes doesn't even have a seperate section for uploading
> > podcasts (back off, wordmavens--I'm using "podcasts" for now
because
> > it's easier)with video so that one could browse around, anyway.
> > Stuff's just stuck everywhere: public radio, arts &
entertainment,
> > spoken word and whathaveyou. Sure, there's a "featured video
podcast"
> > section, but it's awfully small. What's a videopodvodvlogmeister
> > do? I assume people want to ship their vlogs over to iTunes to
reach a
> > bigger audience or make it easier for people to subscribe--
correct me
> > if I'm wrong. But why bother if no one will be able to find you?
> >
> > Is anyone buying these video ipods and actually using them
mainly for
> > video? When are you supposed to watch? You can't drive and
watch. You
> > can't really walk and watch. Are people really sitting in their
> > livingrooms watching these teensy (albeit crisp and clear)
screens
> > because, I'm sorry, but that's just dopey. The only time I can
think
> > that they would be useful is on a public transportaion commute to
> > work. Surely zillions of people outside of New York City (and
Chicago,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/9QUssC/lzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM