So, just curious if anyone else has an experience such as mine.

My computer at work is running WinXP
It had QT 6 installed.
I upgraded it to QT 7 so i could watch a video channel that i like.
I was asked to work on an orientation video and encode it to various formats etc...
I had access to my QT 6 Pro license key so I uninstalled QT 7, installed QT 6 again and activated the Pro features.
QT Player seems to work ok, and I was able to export/encode to different formats etc...

However, both IE6 and Firefox1.5 shutdown whenever a Quicktime video is launched from the web browsers.
No error, no warnings, it just shuts down completely.

Fun.

I guess I will be uninstalling QT6 again, but this  sucks.

--
sull