I dont see whats confusing about the term 'with respect to'. OK it
isnt the simplest language possible, but neither is the rest of the
terms and conditions. What would probably be a good idea would be for
their to also be a much sorter version written in plainspeak that
outlines the terms of service, but keep the detailed legal version in
place.

Yes the way I read it, those very strong terms do not apply to video
etc uploaded onto that site. The relevant section says:

'Bolt does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available
for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you
submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of
the Service, you grant Bolt the following worldwide, royalty-free and
non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:
a)With respect to photos, graphics, audio or video you submit or make
available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service,
the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly
perform and publicly display such Content on the Service solely for
the purpose for which such Content was submitted or made available.
This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to
include such Content on the Service and will terminate at the time you
remove or Bolt removes such Content from the Service. '

Elsewhere it mentions how you can remove content from the site at any
time. The full thing is at
http://www.boltfolio.com/siteinfo/termsofservice.jsp

I think it is important to mention these issues, pretty much none of
us are lawyers, and many people dont read terms & conditions, but
would be greatful to know in advance if a potential service is going
to claim ownership of their content. It doesnt appear to be the case
in this instance.

I have a few thoughts on other aspects of the terms & conditions. Its
one of the most detailed TOS Ive seen when it comes to discussing
types of content that arent permitted. They reserve the right to
remove content and discontinue the service at any time without
notification for a variety of reasons.

And who are they? Too many of these services give no insight into the
people or company behind the site. I find little about them on that
site, but have a more illuminating experience when I go to
http://www.boltinc.com

Steve of Elbows

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM