--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Randolfe Wicker wrote:
>
> > AVID systems are quite expensive and are used by real professionals.
> > I eavesdropped on guys from major news networks talking about their
> > rendering time problems, etc.  They announced they would have AVID
for
> > Macs available by the end of 2005.

LOL, Avid started on the Mac.  I went to a Avid training class around
1991.

Final Cut Pro has been competing and taking away customers from Avid
recently.  The film editor Walter Murch ("Apocalypse Now", "The
Godfather II", "The Conversation", "The Engligh Patient", etc.) has
been using Final Cut Pro for editing motion pictures since 2003 on
"Cold Mountain".

  -- Enric
  ========
  http://www.cirne.com