--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> He is right that rights is a can of worms, but I'd like to call
bullshit
> on his other two points.
>
> > The second major problem with video over IP is that of video quality,
> > resolution, and bandwidth usage. These issues will work themselves out
> > naturally in only a few more years, but I've always said that video on
> > the Internet will never really take off until the quality approaches
> > television, both in visual grade and speed of delivery.
>
> Let's wind back the clock 60 years and play the word replacement game:
>
> "The second major problem with television is that of video quality,
> resolution, and bandwidth usage. These issues will work themselves out
> naturally in only a few more years, but I've always said that
television
> will never really take off until the quality approaches cinema, both
in
> visual grade and speed of delivery."
>
> The human race has been going apeshit over new technology since the
> invention of the wheel.
>
> > The third problem with video on the Internet is production quality
> > demands.
>
> And blogging will not take off because people can't spell. And
podcasting
> will never take off because people can't talk into a mic.
>
> - Andreas
> --
> <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>

Sorry, my prior post first sentence was badly edited.  Here's what I
intended:

It's not the quality of resolution that is primary, but the value of
the message. People will rapidly consume low resolution camera images
of the London subway bomgings because of the value of the information
transmitted.

-- Enric

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2jUsvC/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM