> On Dec 6, 2005, at 10:38 PM, Markus Sandy wrote:
>
> if you recall, she got a bit frustrated at BlogHer too
>
> in one general session, she stood up and complained about how bloggers
> had been so critical of her leadership of Six Apart, mainly with
> respect
> to her not hiring more women engineers.
>
> here is an audio recording of that
> http://apperceive.blogs.com/apperceive/2005/08/mena_trott_at_b.html

Thanks markus.

In many respects this is live by the sword die by the sword business.

We're heavily invested in social media and when you develop a
business that's heavily invested in social functions you live and die
by the communities perceptions of you. That's moveable type and that
goes for all of us in this space. Remember 59 Bloggers?

On the other hand Mena needs to get some thicker skin. She's very
high visibility as one of the leading ladies of the blogosphere. So
it's ridiculous to think everyone's going to love her.

Message to Mena, if you can't take the heat Mena get out of the
kitchen... or off the stage... or wherever you're not comfortable
being. :)

On yet still a third hand... never ever loose your smile or grace
when you're in a room full of camera's or microphones... it always...
always, always... looks bad... and that's before people even start
taking it further and further out of context in which case it just
looks worse and worse.

BTW, there's also a clip of her from CBS on her blog.
http://www.sixapart.com/about/corner/

We've got a bit of a Mena Craze going on now. :)

Peace,

-Mike

Michael Meiser
http://mmeiser.com/blog - fun stuff