http://www.divx.com/hardware/browse.php?c=1 – this should work for DVD players

http://www.divx.com/hardware/certified/products.php - this is a complete list

From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of T.Whid
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 12:20 PM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] DivX - Shameless Plug

Hi,

Re: DVD players

The link on the download page is broken, can you provide one? And, is this a list of compatible DVD players?

On 12/8/05, Jim Vinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have playback implementations in all of these areas. DivX is an mpeg-4 implementation. One mis-understanding is that because mpeg-4 is a standards based format that they all are about the same quality. For example, tests show DivX performs better than baseline h.264. That isn't to say that h.264 can't be better than DivX, but baseline implementations (i.e. h.264 for ipod) won't be as good as DivX.

By standard, what I mean is that other encoders can make video streams that can be decoded by divx and vice versa. There are limitations. We are working on a simple app that can check any video to see if our decoders can play the video. If it can then it means ALL divx decoders can play the file, including the 50+ million certified DVD players out there.

I'm not sure if that was the question. Am I close?

Jim Vinson