Thanks for pointing this out !

I have corrected it.

this feed was for testing the limit of allowed downloads, so I forget about the validation.

Bertrand

2005/12/9, Pete Prodoehl < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
bertrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have set-up a new functionnality for the Podesk Server that limit the
> number of download/viewing:
>
> Get the rss custom feed from that page :
> http://podesk.com/feed_generator.php (do not copy paste this adress in
> iTunes or FireANT ! It will not work).
>
> The feed created will allow 5 views/Downloads, and then it will display only
> the preview of the video with your IP adress.

Bertrand, you've misunderstood the length attribute of the enclosure
element:

<enclosure
   url="">   length="00:00:30"
   type="video/quicktime"/>

length refers to the 'Content-Length' http header, which should be the
size of the file, not the time-length the media plays for.

   http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.13

You should always use the Feed Validator to test the feeds you are creating:

   http://feedvalidator.org/

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/