There are many predictions for 2006, and Alex Barnett has made a collection of some of them: http://blogs.msdn.com/alexbarn/archive/2005/12/01/499237.aspx

Personally I vouch for these:

2006 will be the year of bi-directional rss feeds (SSE) for the early adopters
2006 will be the year when we finally get a terminology that distinguishes between stuff like Rocketboom.com and Charlene  scratchtv.com - both are technically videoblogs, but they are very different forms/genres of media in my opinion.
2006 will be the year of mobile videoblogging in some countries, primarily in Europe and Asia
2006 will be the year evilvlog.com reaches our 5000th posting. Or not :)

Have a happy weekend, all!

Best,

Raymond M. Kristiansen
http://dltq.org