>  2006 will be the year when we finally get a terminology that distinguishes
> between stuff like Rocketboom.com and Charlene  scratchtv.com - both are
> technically videoblogs, but they are very different forms/genres of media in
> my opinion.

Please... the "Rocketboom Vs. Personal Media" discussion is soooo tired.
These are simply differences in the style of the content, not
different forms of media.

I've said this a few times, but just because you can put stuff on the
Internet, "Vlog Anarchy" and all that, it doesn't entitle you to an
audience.... not that there's anything wrong with that. Some people
don't care about attracting an audience and simply publishing media is
satisfying enough for them.

That's great, but that doesn't mean Rocketboom doesn't deserve the
audience that it makes an effort to attract with consistently
entertaining and appealing content intended for a wider and more
general audience than their friends and family.

-Josh

http://us.click.yahoo.com/9QUssC/lzNLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM