Yeah I agree with Verdi here. Don't define it. A vlog is what ever
you do with it. It's a big Internet out there, there is room for
everything. I just found it humorus that the writer of the story
that started this conversation says that vlogs "are by definition
personal" and then spends the rest of his time talking about Rocket
Boom, which is not a personal video blog IMO. It just struck me as
funny.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Pete Prodoehl wrote:
>
> > Bill Streeter wrote:
> >
> >> I wanna know what dictionary defines video blogs as personal?
> >>

> > I'm pretty sure it's the Verdi Dictionary.  ;)
> >

> > Pete
> >

> That is totally wrong. I do feel like I have to consistently
defend
> the genre of videoblogs who's "theme" is the person who authors
it
> because they're always be written about in terms of "boring",
> "rambling", "[not] consistently entertaining", etc. Though, I
have
> never said that those types of videoblogs are better than any
other
> type. I'm the person who has been saying over and over
again "let's
> not define it". It's too early. People need to experiment and
play
> with things. Now, we have built up a definition collectively by
> creating work (which is mostly personal) but I don't think that
is
> the end of it. This is all just getting started. Wait until there
are
> not just 2,000 videoblogs but 20,000 or 200,000 and there are not
> just 100,000's of viewers but millions and tens of millions.
Maybe

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM