Joan,

I'm not sure about videoblogging, though I can imagine it working. Seems pretty complicated, when I think of my experience with my Mom.

One thing, though, I would really encourage would be to teach them email.

My mother, who will be 80 in a couple of weeks. LOVES email. She says she's much more in touch with her kids, she likes to print them out and read them to my dad and she sends us (the children and their children) like an email every day.

... anyway, my thoughts based on my experience with one senior ... Richard