From: Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:16:46 PM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] My next videocamera?

I typically prefer canon brand...
I have a GL-1 and you might be able to score a used one for a good price.
A friend of mine is thrilled with her new Optura:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=166&modelid=11733

Do you have a budget?

On 12/15/05, Allen Weiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:

I am getting to the point where my Sanyo Xacti MPEG-4 camera is reaching its limit based on my desire to do some more advanced video projects. The two biggest issues are its lack of optical zoom and its poor performance in low light situations. I have looked at the new Sony Hi Def camera, but it might be overkill to fix my two biggest issues.

I'd love to suggestions in what a good next camera could be for my needs. (create a ongoing five minute themed program in my new "studio in the garage" setup). I am attending CES this year, so I will have my eye on what's coming, but some less biased opinions would be helpful.

Allen

Allen Weiner Research Vice President Gartner Industries Research Check out my blog: http://whatsontonight.blogware.com If you'd like an invite to join Yahoo! 360, send me an email. [EMAIL PROTECTED] Skype: allenweiner

sull

sull