Rick Klau wrote:

> For what it's worth, I think Apple's turning a corner with respect to
> the communication on this (podcast support, that is). They recognize
> that their engagement with the community has been lacking, and are
> working hard to fix it. One early indicator of this is that Apple is
> now supporting ping notifications of podcast updates - something that
> they had never done before (despite requests from us and no doubt many
> others). They're now a default ping recipient for all FeedBurner ping
> updates.
>
> There's more coming, which we'll work hard to communicate proactively
> as we're able. I also anticipate that Apple will do a much better job
> of communicating its priorities and developments.
>
> Keep in touch, and let me know how I can help.

Thanks for the update on where Apple is headed, since they often seem to
operate in the dark in these matters.

Feedburner is a great service and all, but will the ping service, and
everything else be open to the DIY crowd? If not, it's just the same old
same old network... :/

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/