Friday, December 23, 2005, 10:49:11 AM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen wrote:

> You can't copyright ideas, only works. So making a video and describing
> the same settings as Freevlog is totally legal. Using the same words to
> describe them is not (using the same screencasts is even worse).

I guess we haven't seen anyone selling freevlog on ebay yet, then?

It's happened in other fields - I was astonished to see a bunch of
content directly linked from one of my sites (education-pages.co.uk)
for sale on eBay:

Check out the links in the description, they all go to my site!

I've told to seller to stop, but so far the item is still there for
sale. If the seller hadn't been so dumb as to put the links on eBay,
I'd probably have never known this was going on.

What's to stop the same happening with Freevlog (or whatever)?

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM