I emailed Randy of KBCafe and he replied:

---

Hi Steve,
There was a public nomination form where anybody could nominate pretty much any blog.
http://www.kbcafe.com/iBLOGthere4iM/?guid=20051215070634

I kept about 2/3 of the nominations as 1/3 didn't meet some basic criteria I had. I then acclaimed anyone in a category with 1 or 2 nominees.
http://www.kbcafe.com/iBLOGthere4iM/?guid=20051220090021

The categories with 3 or more nominess are what we are currently voting on. Anybody may vote and voting is open for the rest of the year. You can only vote once.
http://www.kbcafe.com/iBLOGthere4iM/?guid=20051220093051

There's no need to thank me, one of your readers likely nominated you. I don't decide who is best, it's a public popularity contest. Do you have a pointer to the vlogging list, so that I may respond to any questions?
Thanks for the mail and I hope this clarifies the process for you,

Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com

---