it might.... although QT should be able to decode 3ivx on its own
without requiring the 3ivx codec.

How about this... open the file in QT, press Apple-i, and tell us what
codec the video is. Then we can tell you what software, if any, is
required to decode it.

-Josh

On 12/31/05, Harold Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Might 3ivx be able to decode the file?
>
> Harold
>

> On 12/31/05, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > mpeg-4 is a container format. It can contain many different codecs.
> > What codec is the mpeg-4 you're working with?
> > Open the file in Quicktime (even if it doesn't play) and press Apple-i
> > for Get Info.
> > This should tell you the codec, among other things.
> > You may need a plugin of some sort to decode the file... maybe Divx or
> Xvid:
> > < http://www.divx.com/divx/download/ >
> > < http://www.insaneness.com/xvid.html >
> >
> > -Josh
> >

> > On 12/31/05, Harold Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  Greetings everyone, and Happy New Year to those of you down under,
> > >
> > > Which file types can iMovie import?  I tried importing an .mpeg
> (apparently
> > > it's an MPEG-4) but it looks like that's not going to happen.  Do I need
> > > convert this to another file type before importing?
> > >
> > > Man, I've got more to learn that I though about digital video.  Thanks
> for
> > > all your help,
> > >
> > > Harold J. Johnson
> > > The Podcaster
> > > Herald of Los Angeles
> > > http://podcasterherald.com

> > >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >
> > >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

> >   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM