All the cellphone Carriers have closed content decks -- so you need an
express partnership to stream video to phones on the network.

Interesting that MoBuzz TV, which is specifically targeted at mobile
phones, hasn't formed any partnerships in the US.  They do have a
partnership with Vodafone Spain, to stream video segments to subscribers.
I think the European carriers are more open than the US carriers to
partnering with independent producers.

MobilCasts (www.mobilcast.com) lets you listen to audio podcasts on your
phone in the US, but they only support a limited number of phones, and you
need to have a "data subscription", which is a relatively expensive
add-on.  Regardless, I wonder when they'll start to support video
podcasts.

It would be great if a company like MeFeedia or FireANT formed a
partnership with a Sprint or a Cingular, so that you could download a
mobile app to stream video feeds.  But there's no revenue model there, and
like Josh said, the phone companies want to charge for video.  Wishful
thinking...

-rob

--
REELblogs.com