> On Jan 3, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Joshua Kinberg wrote:
>
> Who says everything should be free (as in beer)?

Nobody! We're just saying there's an importance in understanding the
real costs.... in not misrepresenting the real costs.

It's important for the people who follow us in this space to
understand the costs, that we understand those costs, so we can bring
those costs down and make vlogging more accessible. I can't believe
how many times people bring up that $25 mis-quote. If the only thing
I buy on the average day is a few bucks for gas to go to work I don't
say that my overhead is $10 a day for gas, that'd be absurd and
misleading and does no one any good.

> If you want to do something, sometimes that requires an investment of
> time/money.
> Especially if you believe that the thing you're starting will actually
> make money one day and you will be able to recoup your initial
> investment.

Damn straight! We're in agreement... but you completely misconstrued
what I was saying.