i wonder how much demand there is for this.
my gut tells me it will only be a mediocre business for google...
but i may be way off.

what do you think?

On 1/5/06, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Excerpt from http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/060105-064736 :
======================
Per-per-view video or video for purchase is no surprise. Google's
already said it would do this. It's simply been a matter of timing, so
perhaps the time -- Page's first CES address -- is right. Rumblings
supporting the Wall Street Journal's story are out there. Garrett
Rogers has spotted per per view screens in the wild, along with
perhaps a new video software program coming.
======================

Excerpt from http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,124213,00.asp :
======================
Google plans to announce Friday a new service that will allow
consumers to buy and download videos from its Web site, and a
downloadable bundle of software applications, The Wall Street Journal
reported Thursday, citing sources familiar with the matter.

"We aren't commenting on any new planned services," a Google
spokesperson says. "All we're saying is that we have a number of
exciting announcements that we will be make on Friday at the Consumer
Electronics Show."

As part of a major upgrade to Google's video-search service, consumers
will be able to pay to download and view videos, such as television
shows, on their computer from Google content partners such as TV
companies, according to the WSJ report.

Google plans to announce partnerships with some major players,
including CBS and the National Basketball Association, the report says.

   -- Enric
   -======-
   http://www.cirne.com
   Determine Media